Monday, February 20, 2012

sicko- no, not me

Well... not only was I still fighting the head junk, but Havyn was sick most of the week...the kind where she stayed up all night not sleeping...coughing and feeling not well.

I believe it was Sunday night that she didn't sleep and I was up with her... did a partial day at work and came home early to be with her on Monday.  Stayed home with her all day Tuesday and Suzette stayed home on Wednesday.  So the week didn't start off well with training.

Monday, Feb 13- nutt'n  Tuesday- nutt'n
Wednesday, 5 miles at track (while Lex was a Bball practice).  Mod pace.
Thursday- racquetball for 1 1/2 hrs with friends.  We'll call it cross training...
Friday- 1 hr. core/strength/weights at rec center.
Saturday- Did 12 mile long run... pace, not the best at 10:45.  But finished and felt pretty good after.  I feel okay about the pace as I'm just in my base building phase.  I'll work on picking up the speed/pace later; after I've dropped about 10 pounds.  I think I need to do some hill work- both running hills and walking them.  Oh yeah, saw 14 deer at 3:30ish on the side of the hill under the water tanks/above the cemetary.  So unexpected deer count!

Went to lunch on Friday with Paul K. who is also doing the Wasatch 100.  He's been able to keep up the miles pretty well since Squaw Peak.  He's signed up for Zions 100 in May... he might drop to 50 though.  He's also possibly going to run the Antelope Island 50 mile (or 50k) next month.  He ran 26 on Saturday... he said his hip has been bothering a little bit lately.  He's running mostly in the foothills...even in the snow; like I was doing last year (this year, not so much).

Lace 'em up!
Chainsaw

No comments:

Post a Comment