Saturday, March 5, 2011

Slow melt

The slow melt is both from the weather changing/warmer and also for my legs.  We ran today from 6-9:00a.m. and had planned on doing 12 miles.  Great cold weather at the start that warmer nicely for the end (our was it just that we were warming/sweating so much that it seemed that way...?). 

The start of our run was mostly uphill running and we thought that the last half would be mostly downhill. 

Logic defied... now my Dad used to tell me 'the stories' of walking uphill in snow both ways to school, which I thought was a joke.  But somehow, Rich and I both commented how could our run go uphill on the way back too?!  I'm not lying.. it was!

About mile 7, Rich told me that he'd tricked my and we were going to run 14 today instead of 12.  I didn't mind too much since I was feeling pretty good and we have to take advantage every chance we can to run long.  The end of the run with all the uphill running was brutal... my goal was to not stop and run the whole way, which I/we did.  Monday is going to come too soon and will hurt...

Four legged deer count... about 15.  Going to relax, watch Havyn (Suzette working most of the day), and hopefully watch the Coug's get back on track with a win over Wyoming.

Lace 'em up!  Chainsaw

No comments:

Post a Comment