Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Forgetting (to post that is)

Last post was a week ago... yikes.  I don't even know for sure what I did as far as workouts go... Pretty sure last Wednesday we ran 7.5, Thursday lifted, and Friday ran 7.5.

Saturday... Rich was out of town for the weekend, so I planned on taking it a little easy and do an 8 mile run alone.  The run was very enjoyable Started around 8:45 I think... it's nice running alone every once in awhile so I can just listen to my Ipod and zone out mentally (no jokes with that one please).  I ran from home up to the Canyon Glen bridge up Provo Canyon.  It was very cold and the wind really was hitting me in the face up until the turnaround.  The last mile to the turnaround (plus the mile coming back) the bike trail was very icy and slippery but I managed.  At one point my body felt really good and could have just run forever.  This lasted for a bit and then my body started not liking it... I think it was the pounding of the asphalt that I'm just not too used to anymore.  I started thinking 'Man, this is a tough 8 mile run'.  Well, the next day at church, I was speaking with Craig Perry who asked how far I ran and where.  When I explained where I ran, he said "that's not 8 miles... that is more like 11 miles).  After thinking about it, he was right... I don't know what I was thinking.  No wonder it seemed like a tough 8 miler.  Deer count: about 4 two-legged dear's that were running on the trail.

Monday- went during lunch and did core workout with Rich and Dave Runnells.  Found out my brother is coming into town on Thursday... will be good to see him and his family...conference weekend- so we know the bad weather is coming.

Tuesday- got up at 5:15 (was butt freezing cold) and did our 7.5 mile run in the hills.  Felt pretty good... other than having 4 hours of meetings in the afternoon, so was pretty tired (just glad I didn't snore out loud).  Found out this morning my co-worker turned her notice in... so I am going to be a very busy guy handling the workload until a replacement is hired.  Deer count: only 2

Lace 'em up!  Chainsaw

No comments:

Post a Comment